Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Madame Milly Lip Gloss #8

The kit this is from was purchased for me by my husband a few months ago.  I am not sure if the same kit is still available; this series of reviews is intended to help with deciding whether future purchases from this brand is worthwhile.

Lip Gloss:    Madame Milly Lip Gloss #8




Applied At:    9:45 PM

Cost: (Without any discounts)    Kits at Kohl's range from $20 to $40.  Kohl's does run regular sales so I always recommend waiting for one of those when considering makeup there.

Shimmer: Maybe   

Glitter: yes

Does it show without a lip primer?   

Wet/shinny and the glitter does show, although I can't feel it when I rub my lips together.

Does it show with a lip primer?   

Wet/shinny and the glitter does show, although I can't feel it when I rub my lips together.

Lasting time without primer:   

Three hours and removed.

Lasting time with primer:   

Three hours and removed.

Travel outside the lip line without a primer?   

None, surprisingly, did not see any glitter outside of the lip line.

Travel outside of the lip line with a primer?   

None, surprisingly, did not see any glitter outside of the lip line.

Transfer to cup without a primer:   

Yes, a little bit of glitter.

Transfer to cup with a primer:   

Yes, a little bit of glitter.

Day or Night makeup:   

Day makeup, when I first got these kits, the one with the smaller lip glosses as a duplicate of this one that I wore all of the time.  The glitter does stay attached even long after the shinny of the actual gloss has worn down so if you don't like glitter I wouldn't recommend, but I do so it goes in the day makeup collection.

Tips:   

Probably would be best worn on top of a lip stick so that even if the wet/shinny look dies down, there is still some color with the glitter so it doesn't just look like you put glitter on your lips.  When topping a lip stick with a lip gloss, remember to clean the wand off before putting back in the tube to prevent color transfer.

Website for brand:   

http://www.madamemilly.com/
http://www.pacificsales.co.uk/madame-milly.html

No comments:

Post a Comment