Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Madame Milly Eye Shadow Duo #4

The kit this is from was purchased for me by my husband a few months ago. I am not sure if the same kit is still available; this series of reviews is intended to help with deciding whether future purchases from this brand is worthwhile.




Eyeshadow:    Madame Milly: Duo #4 - Lighter Shade


From Left to right:

With Primer/Applied with brush
No Primer/Applied with brush
With Primer/Applied with finger
No Primer/Applied with finger

Applied At:    10:00 AM

Cost: (Without any discounts)    Kits at Kohl's range from $20 to $40.  Kohl's does run regular sales so I always recommend waiting for one of those when considering makeup there.

Shimmer: Yes, very light

Crease time without primer:   

4:00 pm so six hours.

Crease time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:   

11 hours and 30 minutes, then it was time for a shower.

Fade time without primer:   

4:00 pm so six hours.

Fade time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:   

11 hours and 30 minutes, then it was time for a shower.

Fallout on to the rest of the face:   

Didn't really notice any.

Can I actually see the color on the lid:   

This is definitely a light wash of color.  The unprimed lid is more transparent than the primed lid which does show the color a bit better. 

Day or Night makeup:   

Day makeup, it does look like a nice wash of light blue color even if it is very sheer.

Tips:   

May be helped by using a white or light blue cream base.


Eyeshadow:    Madame Milly: Duo #4 - Darker Shade


From Left to right:

With Primer/Applied with brush
No Primer/Applied with brush
With Primer/Applied with finger
No Primer/Applied with finger

Applied At:    12:00 PM

Shimmer:

There is in the pan, but when I applied to the lids there did not appear to be.

Crease time without primer:   

The one good thing about how sheer this eyeshadow is in natural lighting, five hours and 30 minutes in and I am not really seeing a crease line.  I do think that one is trying to form as the area where it should be does seem ever so slightly darker than the lid, but it just looks like a shadow, not an actual line, and I can barely tell anything is out of sorts when the lid is fully exposed.  Seven hours and 15 minutes for the line to show up.

Crease time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:   

Nine hours and 30 minutes, very definite crease line showing.

Fade time without primer:   

4:30 pm so four hours and 30 minutes, which I can only tell because it is no longer as dark as the side with the primer that still seems to be holding its color.

Fade time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:   

Eight hours and 45 minutes, starting to break down and actually looks splotchy.

Fallout on to the rest of the face:   

Despite how much effort this took to build up the color I did not see any during application.

Can two colors from the same brand be blended together:   

Not really.  This one surprised me because the others have worked so well.  I applied the lighter blue on the lid and the darker blue in the crease so that there was a very definite line.  When I used the same blending brush I have used with everything else, there was still the exact same line, everything just looked more faded.

Can I actually see the color on the lid:   

I almost thought this was going to be my first non-color, but through several forceful swipes with the eyeshadow brush in the pan the blue did eventually build up to look similar to the shade in the pan, although I would call it more of a wash of color.  After how beautifully the darker green had come off on the lids I was really surprised by this one.

Day or Night makeup:   

Day makeup, but it almost wasn't.  The second lid was easier to get color on than the first lid, so I think as I go down in the pan that it will be easier to apply.  I do like the shade of blue once it is on and I have several outfits that it would complement.  There are probably other blues that are easier to use, but I will use up this one before I worry about finding something to replace it.

Tips:   

May help to use a cream base, possibly in a blue.

Website for brand:   

http://www.madamemilly.com/
http://www.pacificsales.co.uk/madame-milly.html

No comments:

Post a Comment