Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Madame Milly Lip Gloss #1

The kit this is from was purchased for me by my husband a few months ago.  I am not sure if the same kit is still available; this series of reviews is intended to help with deciding whether future purchases from this brand is worthwhile.

Lip Gloss: Madame Milly #1

Applied At: 3:00 PM
 



 Cost: Kits at Kohl's range from $20 to $40.  Kohl's does run regular sales so I always recommend waiting for one of those when considering makeup there.

Shimmer:    yes, light

Glitter:  no

Does it show without a lip primer?   

No, this is basically a clear gloss with very light shimmer that I can barely see.  It does make the lips look slightly shinny.

Does it show with just a lip primer?   

No, this is basically a clear gloss with very light shimmer that I can barely see.  It does make the lips look slightly shinny.

Lasting time without primer:   

As there is no color, this is solely going to have to do with how long the shine lasts. After three hours I had dinner and all of the shine disappeared from the lips as expected.

Lasting time with primer:   

As there is no color, this is solely going to have to do with how long the shine lasts.  Re-applied at 6:30 pm on top of lip balm.  Lasted until 10:30 pm; shimmer still shows but the shine is gone.

Travel outside the lip line without a primer?    No

Travel outside of the lip line with a primer?    No

Transfer to cup without a primer:   

Yes, but it is clear so it doesn't really show, just looks wet.

Transfer to cup with a primer:   

Yes, but it is clear so it doesn't really show, just looks wet.

Day or Night makeup:   

Day makeup, I like shinny lip glosses and I have no problem with reapplying often and this lasted long than I expected.

Website for brand:   

http://www.madamemilly.com/
http://www.pacificsales.co.uk/madame-milly.html

No comments:

Post a Comment