Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review Form: Eye liner

Before my allergies completely leave me unable to think I figured I would try and get a few more of these review forms completed.

First I would like to state that I can only use eyeliner on my eye lid/upper lash line.  I have tried using it on my lower lash line and my water line a few times with different brands and every time the lower lash line and lashes themselves will start to hurt after one day of use and the pain lasts for about a week, sometimes longer.  If wearing eye liner below your eye is important for you then I would recommend also looking at reviews on other sites if any of them talk about that, I don't actually know, I just know some people like to put eye liner on the lower lash line and/or water line and while I would like to be able to, it just hurts to much and I try to avoid pain when possible.

Eye Liner: Brand, Color # (if available)

Applied At: What time I applied the eye liner

Cost: (Without any discounts) If I know how much something was when I bought it I will list that here (cost without discount is how much it normally is).

Shimmer: Yes/No If this is one of my glitter liners I will list that here.

Cream/Gel
Pencil
Liquid

One of those three will say yes to indicate what type of eye liner it is.

Smudge time without primer:

Left eye will not have eye shadow primer applied and this will list in hours and minutes how long the eye liner lasted before getting places I didn't put it.

Smudge time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:

Right eye will have the e.l.f. eye shadow primer applied and this will list in hours and minutes how long the eye liner lasted before getting places I didn't put it.  Side note, I really haven't noticed much of an improvement in wear time with the eye shadow primer for eye liner but I thought it would be good to test this theory anyway.

I test both with and without primer at the same time to make sure I am actually noticing when something changes, I also do this with eye shadow.

Fade time without primer:

Left eye will not have eye shadow primer applied and this will list in hours and minutes how long the eye liner lasted before fading away.                                                        

Fade time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:

Right eye will have the e.l.f. eye shadow primer applied and this will list in hours and minutes how long the eye liner lasted before fading away.  Side note, I really haven't noticed much of an improvement in wear time with the eye shadow primer for eye liner but I thought it would be good to test this theory anyway.

Transfer to under eye area?

This is a common problem with some eye liners, creating a raccoon eye like problem, I have had this happen before, I will say yes or no if it happens when reviewing.

Can I actually see the color on the lash line:

This will be a yes/no question, as some eye liners don't really give that much color.  If it does give color I will list how many times I had to go over the lash line to get it the color the product appears.

Can it be used as a cream base:

Yes/No, some eye liners don't really work that well as eye liners because the end up caking into the crease of the eye lid so I end up just smudging them all over the lid.  For this test I will do that and then top with a similar colored powder eyeshadow, which will be listed in this section and see how long it lasts before creasing.

Day or Night makeup:

Day makeup for me is so long as it doesn't transfer under the eye or into the crease I am happy although this does seem to be a tough test for a lot to pass.  Eye liner is actually one of the things I am most likely to only use in the middle of the night so don't be surprised if a lot of it ends up with this label.  Smudgy eye liner can be saved from the night makeup label if it can be used as a cream base as I do believe some products can still be valuable, even if their stated use doesn't work out that well. 

Tips:

My main and probably going to be often repeated tip for eye liner will be using it as a cream base or as an eye shadow itself if it does crease too much.  I got this tip from reading magazines and seeing that is how a lot of makeup artists seem to create the smokey eye look without actually using eyeshadow.  Just remember, the more you pack on of a cream product, the more it is likely to crease so I always try and go for the least amount possible.

Website for brand:

See previously posted review forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment