Saturday, March 23, 2013

Eyeshadow Review Form

Eyeshadow Brand: Eyeshadow #, Name (if available)

Applied At: What time I put the eyeshadow on.

Cost: (Without any discounts) If I have the actual amount paid that will be given, without discounts is what it would have cost if it hadn't been bought on sale.  Almost all of my makeup was bought on sale or on clearance.

Shimmer: Yes/No If it has shimmer in it this will say yes, otherwise this say no.

Swatch Pictures:

Picture(s) of the eyeshadow on my arm, with an without primer and as applied with finger and with brush.

Crease time without primer

I check my eyeshadow ever 30 minutes, + or - a few minutes since I do not use a timer, but it shouldn't go over an hour as reviews are only done on days when I have absolutely nothing else which can be done (meaning my husband isn't home.)  As soon as I notice a line forming in the crease, I note how long it has been in hours/minutes and will list that here.

Crease time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:

I check my eyeshadow ever 30 minutes, + or - a few minutes since I do not use a timer, but it shouldn't go over an hour as reviews are only done on days when I have absolutely nothing else which can be done (meaning my husband isn't home.)  As soon as I notice a line forming in the crease, I note how long it has been in hours/minutes and will list that here.  I use the e.l.f. eyeshadow primer because for me it works and it is only $1.  Even if I start to use other eyeshadow primers on the days when I am not reviewing, this will always be my review eyeshadow primer of choice to ensure that results are not skewed to make new eyeshadows appear better than they actually are because I am now using a better eyeshadow primer.  This for me is generally the make it or break it result that will determine whether something will be day or night makeup.

Fade time without primer

I check my eyeshadow ever 30 minutes, + or - a few minutes since I do not use a timer, but it shouldn't go over an hour as reviews are only done on days when I have absolutely nothing else which can be done (meaning my husband isn't home.)  This one does require a bit of a judgement call and admittedly I may not realize the color is fading until it has faded a good bit on the lighter colors (I will note that if I think it will be an issue).  Once I realize that the color is not what it once appeared to be I will list how long it lasted here in hours/minutes.

Fade time with e.l.f. eyeshadow primer:

I check my eyeshadow ever 30 minutes, + or - a few minutes since I do not use a timer, but it shouldn't go over an hour as reviews are only done on days when I have absolutely nothing else which can be done (meaning my husband isn't home.)  This one does require a bit of a judgement call and admittedly I may not realize the color is fading until it has faded a good bit on the lighter colors (I will note that if I think it will be an issue).  Once I realize that the color is not what it once appeared to be I will list how long it lasted here in hours/minutes. I use the e.l.f. eyeshadow primer because for me it works and it is only $1.  Even if I start to use other eyeshadow primers on the days when I am not reviewing, this will always be my review eyeshadow primer of choice to ensure that results are not skewed to make new eyeshadows appear better than they actually are because I am now using a better eyeshadow primer.

Fallout on to the rest of the face:

This will have two points in it, the first being whether or not there was any fallout on to my face while applying (I use the $1 e.l.f. eyeshadow brush to apply which does help with reducing fallout, but won't eliminate it if it is going to happen anyway.)  I check my eyeshadow ever 30 minutes, + or - a few minutes since I do not use a timer, but it shouldn't go over an hour as reviews are only done on days when I have absolutely nothing else which can be done (meaning my husband isn't home.) Once I start to see any shimmer or color transferring to my face (no face makeup is worn on eyeshadow review days) I will list how long it took in hours/minutes here.

Can two colors from the same brand be blended together:

This is a bit of a judgement call and someone who is more coordinated and with better brushes will probably have an easier time of this than me (I use the e.l.f. $1 blending brush).  This will basically cover, can I blur the line where two eyeshadows meet.  I am including this because I have had an eyeshadow that I couldn't blend, seriously once it was on it didn't move.  This will mostly be a yes or no reply, although if I can elaborate I will.

Can I actually see the color on the lid

As I have mentioned more than once on this blog I am in a Mac NW1O shade, all year round (I burn in less than 15 minutes) so the eyeshadow would have to be in a very light shade to not show up at all.  This will also cover, does the color on the lid come at all close to looking like the color in the pan as sometimes the color on the lid is a much lighter version of the color in the pan.

Day or Night makeup

This was mentioned in my introduction and basically how I view all makeup.  Day makeup is makeup that works well enough for me to be comfortable leaving the house with it on (in the case of eyeshadow, not creasing, with a primer).  Night makeup is makeup that doesn't last long enough on my face for me to want to wear it out of the house (I've yet to feel like a color clashed with my skin so that doesn't really factor into this).  It will probably be very rare, but there may be makeup that I say will not be used at all after the review; this would only happen if the makeup actually didn't work at all (example, I have a nail polish that doesn't dry no matter what I do to try and help it).  This will be unusual as even when makeup doesn't look the way I think it supposed to or doesn't stay put for very long, I still enjoy playing with it and consider it good practice makeup for things like trying to get better with bronzer.  If I say something is night makeup, that doesn't mean it is no recommended for anyone and I will explain why I wouldn't wear it out of the house as things that I find not working, may be just fine for you.

Tips

This will only be here if I actually have one and if it is something I learned from a youtube video or another blog I will link it in this section.  If it is something I see just about everyone I follow doing, I will list it as a common knowledge kind of tip that I have heard repeated too many other places to list them all.  If it is something I have come up with on my own that does not mean I think I am the first person to think of it, just that the people I follow have not mentioned it, or I have not read/watched the video where they mention (or can't remember them mentioning it as I have serious short-term memory problems, which is part of why I started this blog).

Website for brand:

If I can find a brand website I will include the link here.  I do apologize if I forget to include one or cannot find one, this far along in a post my brain is most likely going to be dropping bits of information which is why all of the data part of the reviews are typed in to a spreadsheet as it is collected.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment