Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Influenster Review: Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier

This was sent to me by Influenster, for free, for the purposes of testing and review.



Because my knowledge in this area is limited, I tested for three things:
  1. Did it cut down on the number of times I shocked my cats when I pet them?
  2. Did it cut down on static electricity in my hair?
  3. Did my pants stop sticking to my legs.
I also looked at how easy it was to set up, listened for how loud it is, and how long the water seemed to last in the tank; but first, the information provided with the humidifier.

On the card from Influenster:



This easy-to-use humidifier provides relief from dry air discomforts and offers an effective solution to counteract the effects of dry harsh winter air by adding essential moisture to any room. It's soothing invisible moisture helps keep throat and nasal passages hydrated, temporarily relieves cough and congestion symptoms, reduces static electricity, protects furniture, and helps keeps plants healthy!

Run Time: Up to 18 hours
Room Size: Medium
Sound Level: Quite
Moisture Type: Invisible Cool Moisture

Additional Information found on the box:



How it works
Evaporative technology:

  1. Water from the water tank flows into the reservoir
  2. A wicking filter absorbs the water from the reservoir and becomes saturated
  3. Dry air from the room is pulled into the humidifier through the intake grills
  4. Moisture evaporates off the saturated wicking filter and is pushed into the room with the help of a fan.

Durable Tank
Resists breaking

Wide Tank Opening
Easy to fill & clean

Wicking Filter
Captures minerals from water and helps prevent white dust in areas with hard water

About humidity

Relative humidity (RH) is the amount of moisture in the air compared to how much moisture the air can hold. The higher the RH, the more humid it feels.

The warmer the air, the more moisture it can hold. That's why it feels more humid in the summer. Cold air does not hold as much moisture as warm air. In cold winter months, a humidifier can add moisture to the room air, making the room feel more comfortable. Raising the humidity level in a cool dry room also makes it feel warmer.

I have the English instructions that came with the humidifier on Pintrest if you are interested in seeing those.

My experience:

The humidifier was essentially already together in the box when I received it, all that was needed was to add water. The water tank does have a wide opening and is easy to fill and clean when needed.  The tank also seems to hold a large amount of water and it was no problem leaving it running the whole day without having to top off until evening if it was started in the morning.

We ran the humidifier primarily on the lower setting because the higher setting does produce a constant sound which is something I have a problem with regardless as to what is making it. It was not a loud sound, just persistent and unfortunately I am not someone who can tune noises out. The low setting though is very quiet and other than the occasional water gurgling noise, you could barely tell it was on other than the green light on it.

How did it work for the three things I looked for:

  1. I did not shock either of my cats, one long haired and one short haired, during the entire time I used it.
  2. I did not have staticky hair when I used the humidifier.
  3. My pants would still stick to my legs.

So for the first two criteria it worked well, for the third not so much. I was using this in the living room since that is where I have been spending the bulk of my time. When I would notice the pants sticking to my legs was in the bedroom, so it may have been that the air was dry enough in their to cause the static in the short time that it took to get from one room to the other and then notice the static in the pants.

Why I did not test for how the sinuses were doing:

I have a lot of things that can inflame my sinuses, allergies are a year round thing. More moisture in the air does not reduce the amount of coughing and sneezing I do, even the height of summer when there is more moisture in the air, can see these problems occur. Also, I cannot tell if it made the room feel warmer or not because we live in a poorly insulated home.

No comments:

Post a Comment