Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Influenster One Note: Boots Botanics Hydrating Day Cream 81% Organic

This was sent to me, for free, by Influenster for the purposes of testing and review.





The card included by Influenster stated:

Botanics Organic Hydrating Day Cream SRP: $12.99

This hydrating organic day cream softens and moisturizes skin for 24 hours. Active plant extracts, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil is combined with Jojoba Oil and Cocoa Butter to instantly nourish and leave skin looking fresh and radiant.

facebook.com/BootsBeautyUSA
Twitter @BootsBeautyUSA
Instagram @BootsBeautyUSA
#BotanicsOrganic

On the box information:



Developed with Kew Royal Botanic Gardens
Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts approved by Royal Botanic Gardens. Kew, to bring you beautiful skincare that's proven to work.



Hydrating Day Cream 81% Organic
Rosehip combined with Jojoba Oil and Cocoa Butter helps soften and nourish, leaving skin looking fresh and radiant.
Active plant extract, Rosehip, is a rich source of Omega oils, which help improve suppleness and keep skin soft and healthy looking.

Directions: Use every morning after cleansing. Smooth into your face and neck with your finger tips avoiding your eyes.

Warnings: Avoid contact with eyes. If product gets into the eyes rinse well with water immediately. Colour may vary due to natural ingredients. Do not store in direct sunlight.
For more information, visit www.boots.com



For Ingredients list, see website because I can barely read that part.

Why I was unable to use this:

When I opened this it had a very strong citrus scent. I hoped that it would dissipate after a couple minutes, but it did not, even an hour after I had applied it to the back of my hand. I always test new products on the back of my hand first because I have had allergic reactions and I would rather have allergic reactions on the back of my hand than on my face. After an hour on the back of my hand I did not have a contact reaction which is great, but I had also developed a migraine and a really sore throat because of the scent.

If the scent had dissipated I would have tried it on my face, but as it is, I will be giving this to my husband's mother who is less sensitive to scents than I am.

I can say that it is a moderately thick cream and that the back of my hand did feel softer after using it the one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment