Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in 102 Brownish Black

So the first Mascara review will be of Maybelline Great Lash in 102 Brownish Black.  This is an older mascara as far as how long it has been around, but it is also one of the first mascara's I purchased so I need to use it up before I start using the newer ones that have been purchased.

Mascara:    Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - Brownish Black

Front of package:





Maybelline New York

102 Brownish Black

Great Lash Mascara

Conditions as it thickens

No Clumps, No Globs

New Look!

Same Formula

.43 fl. oz. 12.7 ml

Back of package:



Brownish Black

Great Lash Mascara

lash building brush

Washable Mascara

- Lash-doubling formula glides on smoothly to build great looking lashes.
- Lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full lash look.
- Contact lens safe
- Hypoallergenic

Application: For best results, sweep brush from root to tip of lashes. Continue building volume  until the desired lash look is achieved. Do not let dry between coats.

Removes easily with soap and water or Maybelline New York Expert Eye 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

To Safeguard Maybelline purity, reserve this product for your personal use. Treat the applicator with the hygienic care you give your eyes. Never apply this product in a moving vehicle. Do not dilute mascara with water, saliva, or any other substance. Cap tightly after use. If change in odor or appearance occurs, discontinue use. Do not use this or any other eye cosmetic if your eye is injured, irritated, or infected. Consult a physician promptly.

Ingredients List I think, I really can’t read that.

Maybelline

6M

Maybelline LLC, New York, NY 10017
Dist. Maybelline Canada, Montreal H4T 1K5

Made in U.S.A.

www.maybelline.com/

Tube:

  

Brush



Date Opened:    5/3/2013

Date Closed:    11/24/2013

Applied At:    First application was at 4:15 PM, applied 60 times over the course of six months. There is still plenty of mascara in the tube.

Cost: (Without any discounts) $5.99 at CVS

Wet or Dry mascara?    Wet through the entire time I used this mascara.

Color of the mascara:   Brownish Black, looks black when I put it on.

Does it still look like I have the majority of my eyelashes?   

Yes, I only apply one coat and while there is a tiny bit of clumping, primarily on the end lashes, most appear to still be showing individually.  If I comb through very carefully with a clean spoolie before applying the mascara I get much less clumping than I do if I go straight for the mascara, but my eye lashes like to criss cross even when nothing is on them so they clump on their own a lot.

Did I end up with mascara places other than my eyelashes?   

Yes/No, I have rather long lashes to begin with so occasionally, but not every time, I would end up with tiny dots of mascara on my eyelid where my lashes hit the lid.  A few times I also ended up with a little under the eye, which I am not sure how that happened, because I don't generally use mascara there.

Flaking?   

None noticed so long as I didn't tear up at all that day.

Does it smear when crying?   

Yes, this mascara doesn't claim to be waterproof or even water resistant so if you are prone to tears either because of allergies or sappy television, you may want to pass up on this version.  I haven't had it streaming down my face because of crying, but I have found it on tissues and a couple of tiny black dots under my eyes that were easily removed.

Easy to wash off?   

Came off easily with Almay oil free eye makeup remover pads. 
Came off easily with Neutrogena makeup remover cleansing towelettes.

Did it do what it says it does?

This is supposed to be a volumizing mascara and while I cannot say I necessarily saw an increase in volume, they did look longer to me and were more defined in that I could see them more easily even from a few feet away from the mirror.

Day or Night makeup:   

Day makeup, if I buy another tube of this again, after finishing all of my other mascara, this would be good for day makeup. For non-allergy season and careful television viewing for me it works fine, but if my eyes are already watering or I know I am going to be watching a Disney/Pixar movie or anything involving animals I will have to give it a pass.

Tips:   

This is a general tip for all mascara - comb through your lashes with a spoolie before applying mascara and you should get fewer clumps to begin with.

Website for brand:  

http://www.maybelline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment