Saturday, April 26, 2014

Samples: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Primer

I received three of these packets from a Body Shop and tried it shortly afterwards. I was really excited to try these out because I use the Tea Tree Oil line for my facial wash and thought this would be a no brainer because I love the facial wash.

First the claim on the packet:

Front of packet:





The Body Shop

Tea Tree

Pore Minimiser

Suitable for Blemished Skin

Pores look smaller. Smoothes, primes and instantly mattifies.

 Back of packet:



Avoid contact with eyes.

Lots of things I can’t read and a list of ingredients that looked like it would be safe.

Packet with Product:



Thoughts about the sample:

It appears primers are going to be something I need to be careful with because I was allergic to this one as well. But I did get the product on and under the makeup before having to wash my face and start over again.

I think because of the allergic reaction it actually made my pores look larger so I am not going to be able to say much about that claim. Also, I guess I have to throw out the part about smoothing the skin since it brought up bumps all over my face.

As to priming and mattifying, my skin did look duller once it was on so I guess that would be mattifying. But I can’t say that it helped my foundation look better which would be the main point of a primer although I use a pretty sad foundation and it is hard to know if anything would actually make it work like a good foundation.

If you would like to see what I used this with on the day it was tested, please see my Daily Makeup tumblr post linked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment