Sunday, April 20, 2014

Holiday Nails: Easter 2014


So this year I decided to go for a less is more approach and discovered something in my collection of nail polishes that I didn't realize worked the way it did.



Last week I used Milani's 3D holographic nail polish in 513 Digital on top of Rimmel London's Posh Pink nail polish as an accent nail. It had been a while since I wore nail polish because my brain feels like it has been on something of a hiatus since at least November apparently and probably longer than that. My sleep schedule is also all over the place which is why I haven't even bothered trying to review things because I am rarely up long enough to test them. But I am doing better, sort of, today, so I thought I would get back into the swing of posting if I can remember to. If you follow this blog and ever want to see what I am wearing that day, please check out my Daily Makeup tumblr.

Anyway, I had really liked the way this nail polish had looked on top of Posh Pink and decided to try it on its own as an Easter Nail option because it looks like it has a soft pink base which is what I was looking for and I love glitter. What I did not realize was that with two coats this polish is basically full coverage for my nails. At one or two angles you can see the nail line occasionally, but most of the time you can't see it and I am loving the holographic glitter which can look sliver in some lights, but I have also see it look orange or yellow and occasionally there will also be flashes of green or blue, so I have been really liking this nail polish a lot more than I would have thought.

I may not have done any fun designs for this, but I think the shade of pink works for Easter and I love glitter all year long so I will be having to test out if the other shades in this series work the same way.  Unfortunately this was a limited edition series that my husband picked up well after it was out of the drugstore because I am pretty sure he found all of the shades at the Dollar Tree a while ago. But if you have this in your collection and haven't used it yet or you find a bottle kicking around your Dollar Tree, I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment