Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Review: e.l.f. Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in "In The Nude"

This was purchased for me, by my husband, at CVS.




This is a light nude lip stick, with a thin formula. It has gloss in the title of the product, but it is not glossy at all. While not completely opaque, it has enough opacity to cover all of the pink in my lips and nearly brings the color of my lips to my skin tone. In spite of the opacity of the lip stick, it is a thin formula, and was very comfortable to wear.



When applying the lip stick, a couple of passes over the lips was required to insure filling in the entire lip area. When I initially tried this lip stick, I rubbed my lips together after applying, and it rubbed right off the lips in the center. The second try, I tapped the lip stick into the lips after applying it, and it stayed on and smoothed out easily. It stayed on for several hours, so many I actually lost track after a while, but I can say that I applied it in the early afternoon and it was still on in the evening.

At first I was not sure what to think of this when it rubbed off my lips, but the tapping of the product into the lips works well enough that I have no problem continuing to use this and it gives me the almost lighter than my skin tone lip look that I really like, especially for the summer when it makes me almost look like I have a tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment