Monday, November 2, 2015

Empties: October 2015

These were all either emptied or retired during the month of October of 2015. These were also all purchased for me by my husband.

Emptied Products:

L.A. Colors Liquid Makeup in Natural



I only used this by itself once or twice, it was primarily used as a mix in foundation to thicken up whatever foundation I was working through at the time. I have used a string of very light weight foundations and this helped to make them apply a little easier. It is darker than my skin tone and would darken any foundation I mixed it in with, but I was always able to blend out the foundation enough that my husband never noticed the foundation was the wrong shade and it never seemed to turn colors on me while I was wearing it. It is a 0.42 fl oz foundation, so less than half the normal size, but it is also only $1, but the way the bottle works, I was not able to get the very last of it out, though I did get to use the majority of it.


Physicians Formula Translucent Setting Powder



This was originally in a different container with an attached brush that was scratchy. It took a very long time to get through. This was part of a kit that included a pressed powder, the loose powder, and a blush. I used of the pressed powder a while ago, the blush is sitting in the Physicians Formula drawer waiting for its chance to be used again. I don't like loose powder makeup, the only way I will end up with this again is if my husband finds it for a very cheap price and decides it to too cheap to pass up even though he knows I do not like loose powder makeup. Loose powder makeup always makes a mess, I do not like my makeup area to get messy and so whenever I used this, it meant having to wipe down the whole makeup area no matter how careful I was.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002



This claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify, and protect. I never noticed any of these claims during my use of this product, but it did seem to lengthen the amount of time I was able to see my foundation, blush, highlighter, and bronzer substantially over how long it lasted without it. The only thing keeping me from wanting to buy this again is the packaging; it was difficult to get the last of it out for the whole last month of use and it would have helped if there had been a way to see how much was left.

Retiring:

Benefit Benetint Lip Balm



This melted in the car during a trip and then re-hardened afterwards. Once it re-hardened it was never quite the same. Prior to this it was a much enjoyed lip product and it is unfortunate that it is no longer available and that its replacement has mango butter in it, as I am allergic to that and so therefor unable to use it.

e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush



After washing this I noticed it seemed much shorter than another one I had also washed at the same time. I pulled lightly on the bristles and they all came out together. Laughing I showed my husband and he tried to fix it for me, which is what you see above. I let him know that for the number of blending brushes I have, it was okay to get rid of this one. This is the first time I have had something like this happen with any brush.

Beauty Concepts Lip Glosses



These glosses are fine, but they leak. I had them sitting up right on my dressing table thinking I would use them up, but after more than a year I am pretty sure I never reached for them and so I decided it was time to retire them from the collection of makeup. I used to use them a lot early on when I was having bad nights as something to rub on my lips because often times the act of applying the makeup was more therapeutic than the after effects. Now that I have more things that are easy to see and easy to apply for those nights the value of these glosses dropped off completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment