Monday, November 23, 2015

Review: Diamond Cosmetics Jumbo Twist Up in Smitten Kitten

This was purchased for me, by my husband, at Dollar Tree.





This is a dry formula lip product, that at first I thought was an eye products because it was so dry. This particular shade is very shimmery and I was never able to find a way to use it by itself that I liked. My recommendation for this product is to use it as a layering product. I used this as a topper over none shimmery lip liners to give them a different look without changing the color greatly. It does not give a lot of its own color to the lip liner, but it does add a nice shimmer that is not glittery, and has no textural feel on the lips. When I did try to use it by itself, it looked too frosty for my tastes and it did give a champagne appearance.



I have grown to like this a lot more than I thought I would when I first used it. When I first used it, once it wore off, I did not reapply. By the third use, I did start reapplying once it wore off, which did take a while for it to do. Typically if I am still wearing a lip product by the time my husband gets home from work, that is a sign that I like it, and this one did get seen by my husband a couple of times. I may never wear this by itself, but sometimes adding a shimmer to an otherwise flat lip product can be just what a lip look needs to make it really great and that is what this did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment