Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Review: Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color in 02 Pink Rave

This was purchased for me by my husband at Dollar Tree within the last couple of weeks from when I tried this; availability is uncertain.



This is actually something, I learned after trying it, that I cannot continue to use. I am allergic to mangos and there is mango butter in this, which explains why my lips started to hurt after a while and why my throat got a bit painful. But I did use it on Wednesday and for a very short bit on Saturday before I figured out it was what was causing the problem and checked the ingredient list.


Claims on the packaging:



  • Heavily pigmented high shine gloss with the longevity of a lipstick.
  • Paraben-free
  • For best results, use Milani's Anti-Feathering Lipliner


My experience:



  • It is heavily pigmented, though the pigment will fill in lines on the lips first, so you need to rubs the lips together a good bit initially if your lips are not completely smooth.
  • It is very glossy, and the glossy appearance lasted roughly three hours before all the moisture seemed to dry away leaving behind nothing but the pigment.
  • It seems to work best upon reapplication. After it had dried out on its own the first time, I applied a second layer of it on top of the original layer to see how it did with reapplication since normally I have to completely remove a lip product before reapplying and I think it actually looked better upon reapplication.
  • I do not have Milani's Anti-Feathering Lipliner, but I would recommend using a clear lip liner just outside the lip line if you have one, this does like to find the lines in the lips, and it did feel like it was bleeding, ever so slightly around the edge of my lips when I used it, and I did not use a clear lip liner on the outer line of the lips.
  • Suggestion for application if you do not have time to let it dry down for three hours before reapplying to get the best results, blot the lips very lightly after initial application and apply again. It does not work as well as letting the moisture dry out and leaving all of the pigment behind, but does look better than the initial first layer application.
  • For wearing, this is a very bold and bright color and it seemed off when I initially applied it without a full face of makeup. Once I got the full face of makeup on, that seemed to balance out the color.
  • This is a staining lip color, so application does need to be very precise.


Summation: If you like really bold/bright lip colors, can handle the very precise application required of this, and use a clear lip liner outside the lip line to keep the color in, this will probably work really well for you so long as you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. I am disappointed I cannot continue to use these as I did really enjoy the look of it while it was on my lips, but the look of bold/bright lips is not worth what mango does to my lips, tongue, and throat when I use this.

No comments:

Post a Comment