Saturday, October 17, 2015

Review: Colormates Eyeshadow in Island Oasis 8107

This was purchased at Dollar Tree for me by my husband nearly two years ago, unsure of availability.




In reviewing my notes from wearing these eye shadows, the below list how they worked for me.

  • The eye shadows lasted between 1 to 12 hours over the e.l.f. eyelid primer.
  • The orange/maroon shadows and the gray shadows blended well when used together.
  • The blue shadows did blend, but it took several minutes to blend them.
  • The shadows all lasted 12+ hours over the Wet n Wild Fergie primer.
  • They apply best using a flat paddle eye shadow brush and then blended with a separate fluffy brush.
  • Most of the shadows apply opaquely, with the exception of the white shadow, which I used as a brow bone and inner corner highlight.
  • The white shadow was the only matte shadow.
  • There is fallout with all shadows; the darker blues had it the worst.
Summation, other than the blues, I really liked this palette and will use it again, in the future, as day makeup with the Wet n Wild Fergie primer. I really liked the looks I was able to come up with using the orange/maroon and the gray shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment