Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Review: Milani Crystal Gloss for Lips in Sheer Dark Honey

This was purchased for me, by my husband, at Dollar Tree. Availability, unknown.



I have used two other of the Milani glosses in the format so far, one with great success and one with much failure. I was not sure how this gloss would work out when it came up for use on the What's New Wednesday list I have.





This is a sheer gray with a slight purple undertone gloss that seems best suited to be used over lip liners or drier lip sticks. When I used it by itself on the lips it did show as a gray/pink since my lips are fairly pink on their own. I tried it over a pink lip liner that is slight brighter and deeper than my normal lip color and it deepened it even more with a gray shift. I then tried it over a wine colored lip liner and in that case it made it even deeper, but the gray shift was less apparent.

I may not get a ton of use out of this, but I think I find it more useful than a similar colored lip stick I have from Rimmel. Having a lip gloss that allows me to deepen/shift lip colors that it is used with is something I find useful and it will be interesting to see how this works with other colors in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment