Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sample: Maybelline FitMe Stick Foundation

The two samples of this that I had were sent to me in the mail because I ended up on a mailing list or clicked on something, not really sure.



Each sample contained three shades, 120, 220, and 355. The first time I tried the samples I used the 120 in the center of my face, the 220 around the edges, and the 355 as a contour. I also did not use a primer or setting powder on the first day as it has a powder core so I thought it shouldn't need one, turns out it did because the blush I applied over it appeared to be running down to my jawline after a few hours. The second time I used it I applied a primer first, the 120 through the center of the face and the 220 around the edges but did not contour. I topped it with my normal Physicians Formula setting powder but did not apply blush to be sure what I was seeing. It did show a little of the redness through from my cheeks, but the coverage stayed good enough for 10 hours that it just looked like I was wearing a light pink blush.

This foundation can be easily blended away, but when applied thoughtfully does seem to give enough coverage to even out skin tone and hide redness. It did not cover blemishes, concealer would be required for that.

This is one I would consider buying if I ran out of the foundations I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment