Sunday, August 18, 2013

Freebies: Influenster: Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+

So when I reviewed the Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Gelastic for Influenster I also applied for the Brand Challenge which meant I was in the running for some other free hair products fromfrom Schwarzkopf.  But since I have very little hair thanks to scalp pain from unknown source when my hair gets longer than 1/2 an inch and I had tested the Gelastic on my husband, I didn't actually think I would be one of the people selected.  So imagine my surprised when I got an email saying I had been selected to receive one of the limited number of prize packages.

I would like to thank Influenster and Schwarzkopf Professional for these products and making it possible for me to receive them.

Now for a picture of my hair to show just how little hair I actually have just to give an hint at the irony of me winning this.  This is actually long for me right now and I will be needing to buzz it soon most likely because I have already been getting hints of the scalp pain, but not for long enough periods to prevent me from sleeping so I haven't had my husband buzz it yet because I would prefer to not have to.


I received the card after the package with the products, but I wanted to show it first because I thought it was sweet they sent a hand written card as well.


I really appreciate that they sent a hand written card.


Now for the products received:


  • OSiS+ Dust It texture (I am planning on giving this to my husband's mother)
  • OSiS+ Magic Finish Anti-frizz shine serum (I am keeping this for when I am eventually able to grow my hair back out because it does get frizzy)
  • OSiS+ Freeze Finish (giving this to my husband because he does use hair spray)
  • OSiS+ Grip Volume (giving this to my husband's mother although his father suggested I could use it more as a joke)
  • OSiS+ Thrill Texture Fiber Gum (giving this to my husband's mother as well, although I don't know if it will work for her)
  • Brush (This I will keep because it is probably a nice brush than the one I was using before my hair had to go due to the scalp pain)
  • Makeup Bag (you can't really see it, but it is there, at the bottom of the picture.  It is a really nice bag and I am sure if I ever have a need to carry makeup on a trip this will come in handy as it has three separate pockets)
  • Not pictured: Product Guide to learn about more of their hair products.
As an aside, my husband has been continuing to use the Gelastic off and on, but he seems to have forgotten how to use it and applies way too much and does not rub it in well enough so it comes out a little crunchy as the day wears on.  I keep trying to tell him he only needs a very small dot on his hands and to rub them together, then rub through the hair all over, then style.  But he instead, styles, puts too much on his hands, and then pats it on to the top of his hair.  I have taken it away from him and will let him stick with the hair spray since he knows how to use that.  Perhaps on his days off I will do his hair for him and maybe eventually he will realize what he has been doing wrong and I can give it back to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment