Thursday, January 1, 2015

Keep in Mind: December 2014

This month I had planned to use makeup everyday and then I ended up with a cold that lasted two weeks and that derailed my planned, but I have managed to get some makeup on, even if it was just a lip product, almost every other day that I wasn’t sick.


NYC Liquid Lipshine: Big Apple Spice 588



This was purchased for me by my husband at the Dollar Tree. I actually have two of this particular color now. Whenever I wear this I spend a lot of time looking in mirrors. I will admit to some level of vanity, I don’t think I am stunningly beautiful, but I do like to feel like I made an effort to look nice. Whether anyone else thinks I look like I made an effort, I am not really that worried about, it is more for me and my own mental health. So when I find something that gets me to spend a lot of time staring at myself and liking what I see, even if it is just one part of my face, it is going to become a well loved product. I have actually been meaning to try the other colors I have this in but I just keep pulling this one out of the drawer and using it instead.

It does look like liquid on the lips and my lips do look shinny when I wear it. There is some sort of micro shimmer or something in there that is suspended in the gloss and just makes it looks like my lips are dripping with shinny color and it doesn’t seem to fade away very quickly so I can still see it a couple of hours later. So if you are a fan of the wet lip look as I am, I would hunt these down and try one out.

Aveeno: Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with sunscreen



I have been debating whether to post this for a few months now. The first couple of months I used this I thought it was fine but wasn’t really paying a lot of attention due to other things distracting me. Then after a while I started to notice that my foundation (specifically the Dollar Tree Donna Michelle one) seemed to be lasting longer on the skin. Not all day mind you, but still, considering I wasn’t even sure the foundation was actually doing anything in the first place anyway, to actually notice that it was still there more than an hour or two later was actually a big deal for me. I think it was changing from the Olay moisturizer to the Aveeno one that helped the foundation last longer as that is the only thing that has changed in my makeup application routine. Since I know longer have the Olay one I cannot really compare to be certain, I just know it seems to be working better and that is what is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment