Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Rimmel French White Tip Pro 110 French White Nail Tip Liner

Nail Polish:    Rimmel French White Tip Pro 110 French White Nail Tip Liner


Bottle on the far left.  This is a thin tipped brush that I was never able to get a clear picture of.

Day Applied:    10/11/13

Cost: (Without any discounts)    $1 due to CVS' semi annual clearance sale (normally $3.99)



Coats until same color as the bottle:   

This nail polish took several attempts before I came up with a way to apply it that actually looked like a French manicure.  When I was trying it on top of the nail it looked like I had painted the tips with whiteout, which I do know what that looks like because before I invested in my first nail polish I painted my nails with whiteout in high school.  Also keep in mind that I am very bad at nail art and even a straight line is generally beyond my skill level so I am not saying this is the fault of the polish, just that it is not how I will generally use it.

In the June 2013 issue of British Vogue, Elsa Deslanders stated that French nails done in France were "Clean nails, pushed back cuticles, a little white crayon under the nail tip to bring it alive and a glossy top coat."  I decided to see if I could recreate that with this white nail polish and the OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener because my nails have been chipping badly lately and since the top coat wouldn't actually be on the nail polish being tested I felt it would still be a fair test. 

The following is the result.

Cream    yes
Shimmer   
Glitter   
Other   

Drying time:   

Hard to say, did take at least a couple of minutes because when I initially started applying it was smearing under the nails and required some touching up.

Before polish:    

Since there isn't really a number of coats to show I am doing before and after polish applied pictures here.



After polish:   



Day Two:    No, chipping

Day Two Image   



Day Three:    No, chipping

Day Three Image   



Day Four:    No, chipping

Day Four Image   



Day Five:    No, chipping

Day Five Image   



Day Six:   

No chipping, but by the sixth day the nails were
growing out enough that I could see new white space below the
white tip.  Since the natural white space isn't as white as the nail polish it was very noticeable.

Day Six Image   



Day Seven:   

This was supposed to be a ten day test, but after seven days the new nail growth was enough that the nails no longer looked clean even when I very carefully cleaned under the nails so the white nail polish was removed.

Day Seven Image   



Website for brand:   

http://us.rimmellondon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment