Monday, January 4, 2016

Influenster Review: Soapbox Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner

This was sent to me by Influenster, for free, for the purposes of testing and review.





Information on card from Influenster:

16 oz $5.99

Soapbox is a buy one give one company. For every product sold, a bar of soap or a month of clean water is given to a person in need! Our shampoos and conditioners are always free from sulfates, parables, EDTA and artificial color ants and each one is full of hope.

Facebook.com/soapboxsoaps
Instagram @soapboxsoaps
Twitter @soapboxsoaps
#soapequalshope



On the back of the shampoo:

Soap=hope
Buy one, give one.

This shampoo is good.
There's more to gain from Soapbox's Coconut Oil Shampoo and Conditioner than just smelling liking a tropical island getaway. Rich in vitamin E and K, coconut oil works by penetrating into hair follicles and binding around hair's proteins (like a tiny hug!), leaving hair thick and moisturizer.

This shampoo does good.
Splash SoapBox's mission is to empower customers to change the world through everyday, quality purchases. That's why this bottle also provides a month's supply of clean water to a community in need through our partner Splash. Visit www.soapboxsoaps.com/hope and type in the code below to find out where in the world you are doing good.

Hope Code (I checked, it is going to Ethiopia)

Apply generously to wet hair, massage into a lather, sing your heart out and then rinse hair throughly.

WARNING: Avoid contact with eyes.

FREE FROM: Sulfates, parabens, phthalates, EDTA artificial colorants. Cruelty free, not tested on animals.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-11, Polyquaternium-7, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol

Dist. By SoapBox Soaps LLC / All Rights Reserved
Alexandria, VA 22314 / Made in USA

Added information on the back of the conditioner:

After rinsing with SoapBox shampoo, apply conditioner generously to hair, focusing on damaged areas. Whistle while waiting 3-5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol, Polyquaternium-11, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum)

How it worked for me and my husband:

We both tried the shampoo and conditioner for two weeks, after two weeks, I switched back to my regular shampoo and conditioner while my husband is continuing to use the SoapBox shampoo and conditioner.

Why I switched back is because of the conditioner. I did feel like the shampoo was getting my hair clean, but my hair did not feel as moisturized as it did with my regular conditioner, plus my hair was harder to detangle. I have very wavy hair that tangles easily, so I use a detangling spray each day after washing my hair. With my regular conditioner I can spray four pumps into my hair and comb through with little resistance. With the SoapBox Coconut Conditioner, even after eight pumps of the detangling spray, which left my hair looking a little greasy, the tangles were still hard to work out with the comb and I am sure several strands of hair got yanked from my scalp.

For my husband, who has short hair that is straight, it works like any other shampoo or conditioner. He likes the brand for the charity aspect and wants to try some of their soaps to see if we could find one we like.

The shampoo and conditioner did smell like coconuts which I liked because I like the smell of coconuts. This may not have been the best for me, because my hair need more moisture than this can provide and tangles easily and need something that gives it a little more slip than this does, but it can work if your hair is not prone to those problems. I do look forward to trying their body washes and hand soaps to see if there is something from the brand that will work for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment