Sunday, December 28, 2014

Never Used: 12-28-2014

I have a lot of makeup, more makeup than I will ever be able to use in a timely manner. But I’m okay with that because the makeup serves more of a purpose for me than just going on my face. It is my therapy for helping me to get through the days when I physically don’t feel good and it is my entertainment on the days when I can’t do other things but don’t feel bad enough to stay in bed all day. I don’t feel guilty for having as much as I do and I value all of the makeup I have quite highly.

Every once in a while when going through my makeup I find something that expired/dried up before I got a chance to use it. I thought it might be helpful to post about those things and a bit about why they never got used in the first place as the reasons will not always be the same.


e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whips in Spotlight and Lilac Petal


During my first full year of getting back into makeup my husband placed an e.l.f. order for the first time because I had mentioned they were doing 50% off the entire website one day. I didn’t own anything from e.l.f. and this was before we found them at Target. He ended up ordering the e.l.f. Essentials Master Set because my husband doesn’t believe in trying a few things and then ordering more later once you know what you like. The site was 50% and this was the most expensive thing on it, so that is what he ordered.

The two Shimmering Facial Whips were part of that order and sadly, were already in an unusable state. I am not sure if maybe these two had just ended up at the back of the bins they were in and the bins finally got low enough during the sale for them to actually be pulled out to ship. I just knew not to use them when I got them because I had seen a few videos where someone showed what they were like when they had started separating to know they weren’t good. In fact, the lilac petal one isn’t even the right color (I have three replacements my husband bought me from the Dollar Tree that are in perfect condition).

I’m not entirely sure why I kept them considering how long it has been since that order was placed, I just never pulled them out of the drawer they were in. But now I am ready to throw them out and that is what I am doing. Maybe someday I will get a replacement Spotlight should I ever find one because I do like the Shimmering Facial Whips that are still good and being as pale as I am, spotlight looks like it would be a good cheek bone highlight color for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment