Sunday, August 2, 2015

Preview: Influenster: Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation

received this product free from Influenster for testing purposes.



The Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation, a foundation that Maybelline claims will make your skin appear better, even when you are not wearing it, after three weeks of use.  They are even specific about how it will improve your skin's appearance in that it should be brighter and more even. I received the foundation in the shade 10 Porcelain, which appears to be a reasonably good match.




Maybelline's statement about the foundation on their website:


Longwear foundation that improves skin's appearance every minute you’re in it.
With the antioxidant power of Actyl-C, a more durable form of vitamin C.
For all skin types. Medium to full coverage.
Why You'll Love It

Superstay Better Skin Foundation gives an all-day flawless coverage and better-looking skin in 3 weeks. The foundation reduces the appearance of spots, dullness and uneveness and gives you a brighter, more even and stress-free skin.
For Best Results

Apply a layer of Superstay Better Skin on skin.



Plans for test:
So now that we see what Maybelline says about their foundation and how they say to use it, let me layout how I plan to do this three week test.
First, since this is supposed to be skin care and foundation, I will be applying it directly to my skin, so no primer for three weeks. This will allow it to do whatever it is supposed to be doing with no barrier at all. This will also allow me to see how long it stays on the skin assuming I can see it. I am also skipping the normal daily moisturizer, though I will continue to use the night one, my skin is not normally dry unless there is a blemish healing or allergies which can cause my nose to be a bit dry.
Second, I am not going to be using any concealer. I have gotten in the habit of putting concealer on first, then foundation, because my concealer I have been using is not a color match for me, so since the concealer would go where I would most need the skin improving benefits, no concealer for now.
Third, I will also be looking at how it looks when applied with fingers, a brush, and a makeup sponge. Once I have decided how I think it looks best for me, I will continue with that method for the rest of the three week challenge.
Fourth, I will not be using any highlighter, blush, or bronzer during the test, just so that I can actually see what my skin looks like with the foundation and if any redness/freckles are showing through the foundation over the course of the day.
Fifth, I will be making any notes I may have about the foundation's appearance on my skin, on my tumblr each day I apply, so you can get an idea what I think of it just as a foundation before the final review post in three weeks.
All little about my skin:


My skin is very fair, something I don't really see when I look in the mirror, but this picture makes it very obvious. I have under eye circles that end up looking yellow/brown most days, but can go dark blue when my body is not processing food correctly. I also have freckles, I don't mind the freckles, but when something says medium-to-full coverage, I expect not to see them, or at least not see them well when using the foundation. My skin also gets red in the cheeks very easily; it is not that red in the picture because I have been being very careful about the food I eat and what I am using on my skin, but that doesn't mean that something won't inflame it during the test.  Since the redness is primarily caused by physical pressure on the skin, poor food choices, and allergic reactions to any number of things, I am not really expecting this foundation to do much for that, but we shall see. I don't really think my skin looks dull, but I am not sure I would say it looks bright either. It is neither normally dry or normally oily. If there is any dryness, it is usually on my nose when I have allergies or when spots on the face are healing, the immediate area around it can appear dry.
I shall do my best to use this foundation every day for three weeks. Once the three weeks is up I shall continue using it until it is empty, but in a more normal fashion, and from there, if there is any added information I can give about the foundation, I will give an updated post from the final review. Since the request for the review from Influenster seems to revolve solely around the skin improving benefits of the foundation, that is why I am testing it for the first three weeks in the way that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment