Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Empties: Makeup I Have Used Up: 06-17-2014



I actually held on to empty products in order to not post three separate empties this month because I knew I would feel silly doing that.



e.l.f. eyelid primer



This wasn’t totally empty, but because I have been trying to get back to reviewing eye shadow, I didn’t want to use an old eye primer and possibly skew the results because of it. It has been replaced by a new e.l.f. eyelid primer from the $1 line because I feel it is important to test all eye shadows with the same primer and that the primer be the least expensive one possible. This one does help eye shadow last longer, usually by a few hours for me, which is why I also test the eye shadow without primer to see how long it would last on its own. This does not generally help the color show better, although with really light shadows there may be the slightest hint of more color showing with less product used, but it is very minimal.

e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara



This was used solely as a brow gel to hold my brows in place after they have been filled in and the rest of my makeup is done. It is not being replaced because I don’t have bangs and I rarely touch my eye brows with my hands so they don’t really need to be held in place by a brow gel. I feel like the brow side lasted longer than the mascara side, although I could just be in my head. Some days it did make my brows feel crunchy and other days it didn’t; I am guessing that might have had something to do with how much came out on the wand that day and whether or not I wiped the wand down enough as it was coming out of the tube. Never actually used it as a mascara.

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in Creamy Natural





This was the first face powder my husband bought me. It was purchased the summer I got back into makeup, which was at least three Christmases ago. It was purchased in the summer, so this is at least three years old. Obviously I wasn’t wearing it consistently the whole time and I used other face powders in between when I got this and now, but I have now finished it and I am glad to be done with it. It is a good face powder and used lightly, doesn’t make the face look cakey. It does provide some light coverage, which when layered on top of a light cover/no coverage foundation, would help to reduce the redness in my cheeks. Because I am very bad at telling when face products wear off I cannot say how long it would last on the face, but I was fine with applying it in the morning and then leaving the house for the day with it. It might not still be there by the time I returned home, but I couldn’t really tell and if it had worn off, my husband never commented on it wearing off obviously and I would ask, repeatedly, if he could tell and how the face makeup looked because I don’t trust things I can’t see to be right. It has been replaced by the translucence setting powder from Physicians Formula that came in the same set as the face powder. The setting powder was removed from its original container because I really disliked the original container, so if you follow my Daily Makeup tumblr, that is what is in the small mason jar. I am contemplating trying to transfer it into the Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation container I still have (I can’t find the first one) but I haven’t tried yet as I am pretty sure that will be really messy.

I probably won’t buy either of these again, not because there is anything wrong with them, but because I have several face powders and Creamy Natural was a little too dark for my skin so I had to use the lightest hand possible to make it work and I am not so good at light handed use of products. The translucent setting powder is just about the right shade for me but it is really messy and I don’t like loose powder form makeup, which is why I have told my husband never to buy any more loose powder makeup for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment