Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Never Used: 07-08-2014

I have a lot of makeup, more makeup than I will ever be able to use in a timely manner. But I’m okay with that because the makeup serves more of a purpose for me than just going on my face. It is my therapy for helping me to get through the days when I physically don’t feel good and it is my entertainment on the days when I can’t do other things but don’t feel bad enough to stay in bed all day. I don’t feel guilty for having as much as I do and I value all of the makeup I have quite highly.

Every once in a while when going through my makeup I find something that expired/dried up before I got a chance to use it. I thought it might be helpful to post about those things and a bit about why they never got used in the first place as the reasons will not always be the same.

Lancome Juicy Tubes Smoothie




The very pale pink one is in Dreamsicles and the darker one I am not sure the whole name is showing, but what I can read says Imme.

I received these, along with some eye shadows, three brushes, and a makeup bag, from my husband’s parents. When I first started using makeup again my husband had asked them to look for unused makeup at garage sales and this was a bit of what they turned up.

I cannot explain why, because they looked fine when I received them, but I never felt comfortable with the idea of using them. They were still good at the time, but I would look at them and think to myself, “no, I’m not going to use that just yet” like I would somehow become comfortable with using them if I left them for a while longer.

But instead they finally started separating and when I squeezed the one in Dreamsicle to see if it would go back together, the top seam burst open and I took that as a sign I could finally throw them away, which is what I probably should have done when I first got them, but my brain’s in ability to get rid of things that are still good never let me.

e.l.f. liquid eyeliner in black



These two e.l.f. liquid eyeliners come from the original e.l.f. Disney Villains collections that were out at Walgreens a while ago. My husband bought all three for me because I am a massive Disney fan and if it has a Disney anything on it, I will probably want it. Because I already had black liquid liner open from L.A. Colors and my brain doesn’t like having two of the same thing open at the same time, I never opened these two.

I found them when I was going back through my makeup and swapping out some of the things I have been using for things I haven’t been using and added the Disney Villain books back to the mix, not that the odds are that much higher they will actually get used, but I am trying.

I will say that I do like e.l.f.’s liquid eyeliner and I am currently using one in brown on a regular bases. I also found a glitter liquid eyeliner in the third Disney Villains book and it was still good and I have added it, separate from the actual book, into the mix of things to use and actually used it today and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment